A year at U of R

(Click here to return to the main page)

Saturday, June 03, 2006

What do nursing students eat?

Here's some food for thought. What do nursing students eat? The frightening truth is right here for public viewing. This is a photo of my freezer, with my dinners for the next 5 nights.


I can't believe how un-green I've become, buying over-packaged salt-packed frozen dinners. But when you spend 10 hours or more a day in class or studying, something's got to give. I was a naive optimist when I packed those cookbooks to bring with me.

The nursing school does have a great coffee cart with chocolate pastries, and they also have a lounge with a refrigerator & microwave. Right across the street, the Med Center has multiple cafeterias, some of which serve just employees and med students. I highly recommend their veggie burgers.

I have gone out with classmates several nights, and Rochester's got some surprisingly good restaurants. We tried a Mediterranean place last night, which was fantastic. There is also a good Thai place nearby, and excellent dim sum downtown. Now if only I had a salary...