A year at U of R

(Click here to return to the main page)

Monday, February 12, 2007

Lectures on bladders

The subject of today's lecture was urination. We covered the subject in great detail. We talked about distended bladders, incontinent bladders, urine leakage, and urine output. By the end of this first half hour, I was squirming in my seat, ready for a quick visit to nature. Thank goodness the lecturer called a stretch break. But then the lecture went on. We heard about water intake, stress incontinence, urine back-up, and urgency. In five minutes, I was once again desperate to take a whiz.

They say that when medical students learn about diseases, they tend to become worried that they have the signs and symptoms of the illnesses they've learned about. I haven't felt the least worried that I have Hodgkin's disease or lung fibrosis or kidney stones. But after three hours of listening to a professor talk about bladders, boy did I have to pee.