A year at U of R

(Click here to return to the main page)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Signs of trouble

Today was a busy day in my final week of pediatrics. It has been a challenging and exhausting rotation, and I will definitely miss it. I enjoy working with kids and teens.

I was pretty tired and distracted in the med room today, with my instructor. I couldn't find one of the meds in the patient's drawer. I was talking to myself, almost oblivious to my instructor. "Hmmm, I wonder if it's in the frozen food section?" I asked myself out loud as I opened the mini-refrigerator where some special meds are stored. My instructor cracked up.

Tonight I'm writing a paper. You know you're in trouble when the grading rubric for a paper, listing all of the information which must be included, is three pages long. What ever happened to conciseness?