A year at U of R

(Click here to return to the main page)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Long weekends

Right now, I'm trying to motivate myself to finish just ONE more paper. The work is pretty endless. It can be all-consuming if you let it. I've started studying in cafes, just for a change of pace.

Last week I again dealt with HIV. How long has it been since HIV was discovered? Yet it still has a feeling of stigma. Whenever I work with someone who is HIV+, it is hard not to wonder how they contracted it, or how it has affected their life. I've never talked about the disease with someone who actually has it. I'm interested in what their experiences are. It is a conversation I'd like to have at some point.

This week will be a busy one with exams, papers, and clinicals. Thanksgiving had better be here soon.